well last week was the push to got all the pieces sewn together and have one finished, complete top. Mission accomplished.
When I bought the sea foam green (which, incidentally, matches the living room carpet) I had done some rudimentary math and figured I needed a yard and a half - at least, I think that's the number I came up with- for the squares and large triangles along the edge. At any rate, I was standing in the shop and realized I had forgotten to include borders and binding. The shopkeeper sold me the entire bolt, which I think origionally totaled 4 yards, it's by Moda™, under the blackbird quilting line. I was going to do a pinwheel border, but I discovered a bunch of presewn units stuffed in a forgotten corner. I think what I've got now is Broken Dishes. By some happy accident I cut the first sashing larger than I intended. It accomodates the Dishes perfectly.
there's old Bill, of course, constant kitty quilter assistant and quality control the Dishes border is kind of visible in the top part of the picture- it's a Kodak EasyShare I'm working with, so the resolution isn't great.