Friday, April 15, 2011

today

Outside my window...
 Cloudy. Okay, overcast, and the temperature is falling.


I am thinking...
 Can I go to bed now? Is that okay? I don't have to keep being super-woman right now, do I?

I am thankful for...
 Feeling the most together in weeks.

From the kitchen...
Chilaquilles caserole from EatingWell. It was pretty tasty. Now if only the Greek Easter bread wasn't teasing me from the counter...


I am wearing...
A stained, pink long sleeve v neck from Old Navy that's been relegated to PJ status, and a pair of charcoal grey yoga pants with a green paisley looking embroidered detail on one of the pant legs. It's kinda cute.  


I am creating...
Nothing currently. Not physically, anyway. The mental synapses are firing away.

I am going...
to keep going. To not quit. To go back to school. To keep living and breathing and healing.

I'm reading...
"Waking the Dead", John Elderidge


I am hoping...
 in spite of what I've told myself, against hope. It seems to be the only thing I do with out waivering. 


I am hearing...
The siren call of bed, and the dulcet strains of Ingrid Michaelson.
Around the house...
There's evidence of a chapter of life coming to an end. We don't see things in terms of beginnings, just ends. The end of school, the end of life, the end of a career.


One of my favorite things...
that laugh and dopey grin. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...
 work, work, work, babysitting, work, packing, work, babysitting, work, packing, storming the gratuate office at school. I feel vaguely that I should have a Brunhilda hat for this task.

A picture to share...
I took this on a trip to England five years ago. I don't remember what posessed me to photograph doors, but I tried to take one everywhere we went, if there was one that struck my fancy. This is from somewherein Southern England, God knows where. It may not even be blue anymore.





No comments: