Saturday, October 12, 2013

a box-o-baby wipes: a toy story

my friends just moved into the city, and they have a little girl who has taken to calling me "Myzara". Myzara, came across a toy that she's going to make for the kiddo who calls her "Myzara".



It involves an empty baby wipes box and fabric scraps, a specific baby wipe container with a button and a rubber opening. Guess who has lots of fabric scraps. Okay, so I don't have an empty box of wipes laying around, and neither do my friends, since they just moved and were in the business of leaving as much behind as possible, so I might just buy a box of wipes and gift them with the wipes as well. But it isn't as if my friends aren't going to need the wipes as well.

You will need:

  1. a Huggies box of wipes [empty, preferably. Or not, but if it's not, take all the wipes out of the box, put them in a gallon ziploc bag, and give the wipes to the parents of the recipient]
  2. 25 or so assorted squares of fabric.
  3. scissors, preferably pinking sheers [they will make crinkle cuts]
the pinking sheers will help keep the edges of the fabric from fraying.


I did this project with a little help from a friend who has an amazing stash, which is where I got some of the fun novelty prints from. I mixed in some flannel for some fun sensory things, too.  And then found out that the flannel sticks to the other fabric, so for as fun a feel as it is, it hampers the whole "let's start pulling fabric out of this box!!!" concept. Which, when you are two, is ultimately what you want to do.


No comments: