Wednesday, June 24, 2015

emerald isle

A few summers ago I made this quilt for my brother [which still isn't done done] based on the pattern by Moda Bake shop called Sweet Menagerie.

And before I get too far, this is Harry, my brother's cat. Such a good helper.


For reasons I now don't remember, likely they were using precuts and I had stuff laying around I just wanted to use up, I didn't have a clear idea how much fabric to supplement the project with. I wanted it to be scrappy in the nine patch, calm and orderly over all. But still. No idea. My squares were bigger, so something, again. I have no idea. I kept the left overs in a box. This week I pulled the box and other accumulated bits that had been lost and whatnot and thought about seeing how far I could get with making a top just with what leftovers I had on hand.

This is a Double/Queen size blanket. I have a problem. Or maybe I don't.


No comments: