Sunday, January 13, 2019

Make Mead and Be Merry

My first foray into mead making was almost two years ago. I have no idea why I threw it together, but I did after reading the forum about Joe’s Ancient Mead over at homebrewtalk.com, having discovered I had all the ingredients on hand.

It turned out amazing. After aging for over a year.

Needing to wait a year was not my intention- I imagined brewing something up in December, then carting along a finished product to share with friends at a Reenactment about six months later.

My family was inspired by my efforts... after tasting the aged product. So for Christmas this year, I got several pounds of honey, and a wink wink nudge nudge.
To that end, there is a second batch of Ancient mead now aging in a hermetically sealed pickle jar in the basement, and an apricot vanilla mead just getting started on the counter.

No comments: