This past weekend when I was with my grandparents, I had quilts out that I had been working on. I'm sure I mentioned this in the last post, but at present I'm having a major ADD moment.
I need to remeasure it, but I think the Ocean Waves finished out at 108"x115"... somewhere in that neighborhood. (what was I ever thinking?!) I need to put a back on this sucker, but I kind of don't have any money to invest in fabric right now, as it stands, I'm going to have to take out a loan from the bank of mom to get binding for the three baby blankets (I might have enough flannel from a previous project to cover the back of the cherry blossom.) Initially I thought it might be really nice to try to get some extra wide fabric, but I'm having a hard time finding anything I like. I'm thinking that cotton or wool batting might be nice to try. It took me two summers to piece that sucker together, it spent this summer out of mind hanging out in a suitcase while I digested other things. A few days ago I went on a mad search for it, thinking I had lost it, and truthfully, wondering if my parents had read my mind and sent it off to be quilted for me. Not so much with the last part, but now that I've had it out, I've been easing back into the murky green waters of this project. I'm going to quilt the triangle sashes in a wave pattern, and put mariner's compasses in the squares. I'm still not sure what to do about the outside sashing, but that comes last anyway, so I'm sure I'll have something figured out by the time I get that far. And as much as I didn't want to quilt the whole thing by myself, I'm thinking that's my only option. It isn't going to get done any other way. I have to finish the other projects at hand first, but it needs to be next in the queue.