- June 24, 2012 (Sun) -- Quilts in the Gardens
. . The Miller Homestead on Stone Manse Drive in Allegheny County's South Park
. . 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; admission $2
. . (412) 835-1554 or www.olivermiller.org for information
- September 21-22, 2012 (Fri-Sat) -- Peggy's Patchwork Pals Sixth Annual Quilt Show and Sale
. . Slate Lick United Presbyterian Church, 106 Brown Road, Freeport, PA 16229
. . 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Vendors and lunch will be available.
. . For more information call Peggy Coriale (724) 295-3734 or Judy Kois (724) 337-1129
There was a show this weekend that I missed that I had wanted to go to, but thought it was happening in May. Missed my chance. I'm not aware of any other upcoming events this summer that I will be able to get to. Some of this is planning way in advance, but that's life as a grad student. Figure life out for the next six months, and it's pretty well set in stone.
I cleaned house this weekend... sort of. The upshot of all this:
- Winter wardrobe and bedding is all put away. Mostly all in one container.
- Clothes that I didn't wear for the entire season have been pulled out for resale/donation.
- I discovered that I have 2 bags of queen sized batting, 1 double, and 4 [four, priced at $2 a pop from thrift stores] of baby/crib batting stashed in a closet. Fab.U.Louis.
- In removing my CD collection from the bookshelf to the fireplace cubby, I freed up space for more craft related things to be stored with all the other craft related things.
- My rotary cutters. The new Gingher, the pretty owl-covered Fiskers. Gone. Probably hanging out with the missing floral enameled Gingers that I haven't been able to find since I moved last May.
- My acrylic rulers. All three of them.
- Kaleidoscopic Heart and Human Again. I had set these albums aside to lend to people
Some bonus action: the sampler is done! After a lot of seam releasing, restitching, and additional patchwork construction to fill in new holes, I got the sashing stitched on sometime Saturday.