Sunday, February 14, 2021

biscornu

I had grand plans last year to hand make a bunch of Christmas presents, and like most other years it just didn't happen. So I'm trying to get a jump on it this year, focusing on a craft that will also help develop my needlework skills. 

Why biscornu? I have no idea. They just sort of popped up in my Pinterest feed and I was enamored, though I can honestly say after having stitched the top of one I'm not sure if I want to cross stitch twelve of them. I have a yard of white linen and no idea what I'm doing trying to cross stitch on it.

This one is small, about 3" square when I started, and I'm looking at it now wondering if it wouldn't make a great pattern weight if I put some washers in it as well. 

 




I did end up purchasing some crushed walnut shells and lavender buds to fill it with. 

No comments: