Saturday, March 27, 2021

Saturday afternoon quilts

 



These were done together on the same piece of backing and batting. The one of the top was left over fabric from an I Spy quilt, and the one on the bottom I can't remember what I was thinking when I bought that fabric, except that the prints mostly went together an I liked them.  




This is the quilt I tore the border off of and started fresh with. I like it so much better now with the olive green and navy blue than the teal I had on there. The quilting thread is sort of a mauve/ plum purple, and the back is a shot cotton. I wanted wool batting for it, but there wasn't any to be had at the studio. When I said I had bamboo in it originally, the owner suggested a bamboo blend (Quilter's Dream Orient I think). This one easily has the best drape of any quilt I've done on a machine. Now I just need to bind it!


ObliGATOry cat and quilt photos

No comments: