Saturday, December 1, 2012

pretty cunning, don'tcha think?

well, look at that! scheduled posting, what is the world coming to?

remember the little felted bag and clutch? and that darned ponytail hat that I felted?

that blessed sweater had some sleeves that sort of matched the hat, so I did some decorative stitch work and tacked them on, sort of in the spirit of a cunning little red, orange and yellow flap hat from a certain, INCREDIBLY AWESOME television series cancelled by a VERY STUPID NETWORK.

Jayne: “How’s it sit? Pretty cunning, don’tchya think?”
Kaylee: “I think it’s the sweetest hat ever.”
Wash: “A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he’s not afraid of anything.”
Jayne: “Damn straight.”
The Message, Firefly








I'm not afraid of anything. Okay, not true.


never mind that the flaps were not cunningly knit by my own two hands, but I did put some fine fancy stitchery on them, then tossed them into the wash for some further felting before attaching them to the hat. And yes, that's a gourd modelling the hat. The white spots are pins; I still need to pick out some new buttons since I've now lost the originals 
now do I want a pom-pom, and chin ties, or not?

No comments: