- I'm not in school today with everyone. I'd hate to think if I was and people decided not to call me. Or my brother did, knowing I'd want to know what was coming down. I'd have been a hot mess. And not able to drive to get here.
- Mom was able to get an emergency sub in five minutes, in the middle of the day, the day before break.
- I have 5 days before I have to be in school again. [I also have a PRAXIS exam tomorrow morning, lesson plans to write, and a boat load of other things to do, but this will sort itself out. I got the oil changed in the car, that's something off the to-do list.
- Someone mentioned the meds I take for my migraines, which made me remember that I'd forgotten them in the city, and had to skip a dose last night. The pharmacy in town transfered the prescription I left in the Burgh up here, to be ready at the end of the day so I won't get a migraine. They have my sincerest gratitude.
- Even with class in session, there is no [comparatively speaking] traffic in town. I can drive for more than 50 feet before having to stop at a light or sign.
- There were real water glasses and ceramic mugs in the kitchen cart. We're all stumbling over this cart unobtrusively set up in the corner of the room, and I'm thinking to myself, "Why on God's green earth is there a cart with a coffee and hot water caraffe and a pitcher of ice water, a basket of assorted sugar packets, and nothing to put it in?" And then I opened the doors of the cart. Like manna from heaven.
- There was also a basket of fruit and granola bars, and oatmeal cookie pies. Because who thinks of eating? I'm not.
- I'm glad this is happening now; I won't have to call off school. I'm already here.
Although, I did come home to find the tiny cat wasn't moving. She's fine, but if Sherry checks out on me this week, I'll have the makings of a perfectly terrible Taylor Swift song.