Monday, June 3, 2013

baby, it's cold outside

It may be the beginning of June, and the first day of summer may be right around the corner, but the temperatures have been bouncing from one end of the thermometer to another. Last Friday I was at the CSE  subbing for Miss Honey and it was a sweltering 87 F in our classroom after the kids left. I'd checked the weather and had been forewarned about a lack of A/C so I wore leggings and a camisole under my sundress because the ride into work was 60ish and I'd be kneeling at desks all day; that didn't last long for the ride home.

Here we are, Monday afternoon, and what am I wearing? Jeans. Long sleeves. Socks. I came home and put more clothes on. My weather widget on the desktop says 67, but the thermometer in the window says it's a balmy 62 outside. Mmm, toasty. The room I was in today was warmer with the A/C on than it was outside. What happened?! I'll take it; I like being cold.

I'm snuggled up in my Nae shawl! Which is finally finished! If you are a Ravel-er, you can find it on Ravelry I think this should link to it. I think I accidently got merino wool for the one end, because [shocker] I didn't knit enough rows in the middle of the variegated and picked up knitting with the green too soon. But the color matches spot on, so it just feels a little different. And that's all I really care about. It has a gorgeous drape. It looks better on a person than it does on a tree, but there isn't anyone around to operate the camera, so I'm going to have to wait for some assistance; trust me when I say the middle section looks a lot better than the picture. Here's a link back to an older post with some progress pictures.



and yes, that is an owl. I got it for Christmas. It hangs in my tree. 

No comments: