Being cold [and having the chills] means that curling up under a quit to work on it is not such a big deal in the summertime. At least, in the A/C. The Attic Windows quilt needs it's edges bound, and it's all done [yay I met my deadline!]
And I've been working on another baby quilt for some cousins who are expecting a girl in September. I had a cheery yellow duvet that I had sewn up but that I was never really happy with, so I repurposed it for this, and I'm using pearl cotton to quilt it.
When I made the duvet, I bought some matching fabric and cut strips of random widths and sewed them together. When I had new chunks of fabric comprised of the old strips, I cut out new strips that were 4 1/2 " wide and sewed them end to end so that I ended up with one very long strip of 4 1/2" fabric that had many different width stripes of fabric in it. I eventually wrapped it around an empty paper towel roll until I was ready to use it.
Pearl cotton is my new favorite. As of 6/27, this puppy is finished, and just needs to be bound.