Saturday, August 8, 2015

row by row experience - row two!

in keeping with the water theme of 2015, this super cool row did nautical flags!!! GAH!!! So cool! I haven't seen nautical flags pop up anywhere yet! lots of boats and other things, but no nautical flags! :D
 

I discovered that Ta-Da Quilting Studio does not sell fabric, but they do sell paper piece bits and wool rug hook kits. They also have a blog; Click here to go visit it.


So now I'm thinking of signing my name in the quilt with nautical flags, and I'll be able to use this row as a size guide line. It's a shame I'm not from Ohio, as the row ends with OH, but adapting the nautical flag [which also corresponds -or is, I'm not sure - to the NATO alphabet: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot and so forth] to squares for a quilt is not difficult; I did it before in a sampler quilt.


No comments: