Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Card

I lost the Christmas cards. But from the tips of my red and green fuzzy slipper socks to the crown of my newly shorn head I wish you a happy new year.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all these little slips of paper. Some of them my students gave me when I was student teaching, the simple love of a six or seven year old expressed in a blank slip of paper printed with hearts, or cut in the shape of a fairy or a ballet slipper. It was strangely not cathartic, upending the jar and emptying the contents to make room for this year's crop of missives. My trending for being thankful was heaviest on things working out, things working out with good people, and being greatful for good people. In fact, that pretty well sums the whole jar up.

Here's to another year of things working out and good people. And the two things together. Cheers to all the good people in my life, and the ones I get to meet this year.

No comments: