Monday, June 6, 2011

upcycling 2.3

I really need to stay out of Goodwill.

Aside from buying my whole spring wardrobe there yesterday - which hopefully in 6-8 weeks will be running big instead of fitting :) - I'm in the habit of checking housewares. Because you never know what you're going to find.

Like a very sad, sad twin sized, obviously home made duvet in need of... erm... something. Sad waste of a really nice twin sheet by Nautica. Dunno if the blue baby stuff was sheeting or yardage. I suspect the yellow was a Target RE sheet... similar to the one I made into a duvet, into baby blankets. So I did what any self respecting up-cycler would: I cut it into pieces. Rolled up the blue circus animals for more baby blanket fun times later [and you know they're coming later when three of your friends get married with in 6 months of each other, starting Memorial Day weekend]

No comments: