Thursday, May 9, 2013

a little progress update...

I have to share that last August I was hospitalized for a status migraine, and since then, I've been seeing a neurologist right regular for management of my brain's disorderly conduct. Best news I've had since I started getting migraines as a teen: in six months, I might be able to start backing off the daily treatment. As long as I keep not getting like I have been. If right now you'd clap your hands or hug your dog or something, and every once in awhile think happy no-headache thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Last year was kinda rough. 

In crafty sort of news, you can find me on Ravelry. I'm not sure if I've ever made that official or not - you know, like on Facebook, pics or it didn't happen. I've been working on a shawl I found on Ravelry called Nae, and since I just passed the halfway point, I thought maybe it was time for a status update. 

when I look at pictures of it, I'm not sure how I feel about the two color mix, but I'll just have to wait until the other end is on. The candombe is so much nicer in person - the pictures and swatches are, well, gross.
Someone told me about a yarn shop in Squirrel Hill called Knit One, and I stopped in today, and lo and behold, they had the yarn I would have needed to complete this project in one color. I was a little miffed. 

As a project goes, it's a great shawl; I'm sure it will be a super warm scarf-y thing, since this is merino wool and alpaca. 

And, just in case you're confused about what you're looking at, because I know I am a little, this project is knit so that it is begun at one tiny pointy end [the greenish blue side] and it gets bigger [the bit in the middle that's a bunch of different colors]. If you've got a high enough screen resolution, you should be able to tell that along one edge, there's a wide textured section done in seed stitch. That's the top of the shawl; it's been folded over itself because it's still on the needles, which are hidden on the right side of the picture. The exact center of the shawl is also worked in seed stitch, so if you look carefully, you can see the beginnings of a textured T - it's missing the right side of the cross bar. Its there, I promise. More than halfway done!

No comments: