Thursday, March 29, 2012

mighty waves upon the ocean, or completion, part 2

it is finished. it's been finished for a while - Thanksgiving 2010, actually.









This monster ended up being 110" wide and 106" long, and fits very nicely on a California King... but this makes it too big for most quilt shows, alas. I don't have any pictures of it quilted, because I haven't had anywhere large enough to lay it out that I could get myself or someone else above to get it completely into the camera frame. The triangles finished out at 1.5". I lost track at 80 counting the different fabrics. It is backed with a solid toffee colored cotton, and bound with the same fabric as the sashing and the squares, which came from Blackbird Designs for Moda back in 2006 or 07. I found this perfect dark sea foam at Bev's Country Stitchin' in Cambridge Springs at their initial (and very tiny!) location. 

No comments: